Entry 5

My friend Kart and I are in a park, with many other people. We're watching her son who's playing with fellow boys his age. The park is surrounded by forest on each side.

A few hours into the day, someone from the family of Kart's son's father shows up to check on him. He says he wants to take some pictures with the boy, and he does.

Then I ask Kart to join them so I can take pictures of them all together. At first my phone camera is working but branches and other things are blocking my view, and I'm unable to capture their faces properly. So I change position and move at the edge of the park, next to the forest, to get a better angle. My phone camera seems to have a problem because every image now turns out to be an extreme closeup of an arm or a flower or something. I'm unable to frame a picture where the three of them are properly seen, even if they're actually making effort to pause in such great ways.

Then suddenly I hear something moving moving next to me. At first I don't pay it attention but someone shouts and asks what it is that's making noise and following me. Someone says it's a snake. We follow the movement down the edge of the forest, down to the entrance of the park. We wait, looking at the path to see what it is.

Then suddenly it moves, right behind a tree next to the path. It's a huge peach snake. We flee. I turn back to check if it's following us and it's right there behind us, running through the grass, almost catching up with us. I'm terrified, and I don't even think we have time to get a stick to hit it. Besides, it looks so big, where would we even start?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the dead help with fiction.

The Lovely Ghosts Of Bagamoyo

YOU AND I