I've Touched Love


I've been painted and colored as a love. A perfect love. A permanent rainbow as clear as day.
Don't paint me on water, like I'm a temporary fairy, that will go up on smoke.
I've been built in stone.
I've been made a temple, I've been fortified, I've had guards installed by my walls, keeping me safe, like a treasure.
I've tasted pure erotic humility
I've laid my soul on the floor
and dined with a king who makes thrones out of solidarity.
and I've let that one go. I've torn him out of my bleeding soul and watched him dance on clouds,  going to the gods.
where you offer uncertainty, he offered a sure resolve.
where you offer exaggeration,  he gave modesty.
Where you stumble to find words, he didn't need words...  where you strive to be impressive,  he reclined into himself. Don't settle for less,  he said.
I've been worshiped, with pure, sacred emotion. Not sensation. No. The complete journey of the head and the heart,  the spirit and the soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When the dead help with fiction.

The Lovely Ghosts Of Bagamoyo

YOU AND I